At Through the Woods Preschool, we believe that children are intrinsically motivated to learn, and that they do so by exploring the world around them. We aim to foster curiosity, to guide rather than compel, and to provide room for possibility and adventure rather than attempt to constrain children’s interests to fit within a certain curriculum. Children ages 3-5 years old will explore, play, discover and learn, while engaging with nature and the wonderment of Creation and the Creator, in their outdoor classroom nestled in the towering trees of The Firs/Fircreek Woods.
Program Distinctives Include:
- Nature immersion
- Small class sizes – personalized learning
- Fostering sustainable culture
- Child-driven curriculum
- Play-based experiential learning
“Whatever shape nature takes, it offers each child an older, larger world separate from parents. Unlike television, nature does not steal time; it amplifies it.” Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods.
- Starting: September 3, 2019
- Ages: 3-5 years old (must be potty trained)
- Hours: 8:00 am – 11:30 am (we are taking names of those who would be interested in an extended preschool day, to determine if this is a need in our community)
Days & Rates:
- 2-Day Option – $195/month
- 3-Day Option – $280/month
- 5-Day Option – $525/month
Please note that there is a 2-day/week minimum. You may choose which days you are interested in and we will do our best to accommodate, though class sizes are limited.
The preschool calendar will follow the Bellingham School District Calendar for holidays and school closures.
- Online registration for NEW ASA families
- Online registration for families already enrolled in ASA
- OR download & print the Registration Form
For more info or to schedule a tour, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360-733-6840, ext. 211.
Send completed forms to:The Firs ASA 4605 Cable Street Bellingham, WA 98229